Tucson Metro Chamber
The primary responsibilities of the Payroll Specialist is to be responsible for all aspects of quality payroll service for PEO clients. Partners and collaborates with PEO clients with the objective of producing accurate, compliant, and timely delivered payrolls. Liaison with Paychex cross-functional departments to support various products and services that interact with payroll, within the PEO co-employment platform.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Processes payroll accurately and in accordance with PEO guidelines
- Accurately enters and maintains employee related information in the payroll system, including, but not limited to: personnel changes, wage adjustments, garnishments, child support and liens, tax withholding changes, direct deposit, , special withholdings, leave of absence/termination forms, and all other PEO-required forms necessary for payroll processing.
- Accurately enters and maintains all client related information in the payroll system including, but not limited to: client demographic changes, billing changes: client sponsored benefit plan deductions, paid time-off benefit programs, managerial, labor, and other custom reports and related payroll schedules
- Reviews new hire and employee change paperwork and collaborates with client for the objective of producing accurate, compliant and timely delivered payroll
- Maintains knowledge of all PEO service offerings to assist clients with general inquiries
- Maintains knowledge of PEO payroll policies and procedures to ensure compliance with PEO requirements
- Ensures that quality payroll service is provided to PEO clients by maintaining the highest level of quality service as measured by client satisfaction scores and client retention
- Other duties as assigned to support the general purpose of the position’s function
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Ability to prioritize work effectively and adjust to multiple demands. Experience in managing multiple projects and timelines.
- Highly motivated with the ability to work independently, take initiative, participate as an effective team member and follow tasks through to completion.
- High level of computer proficiency (Windows environment) and outstanding computer skills including Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Superior interpersonal skills with a willingness and ability to work cooperatively with a diverse population, including Insurance Carriers, Clients, Client Employees and Internal Staff
- Cognizance of Focus HR’s requirement for timely and respectful responses to inquiries. Must project a client first image at all times in person and on the phone to internal and external customers.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, including the ability to prioritize tasks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality