Essential Responsibilities of Position:
- Assure the safety and welfare of all Chapel Haven West residents and community members.
- Appropriately implement all teaching and social communicative competency theories.
- Complete periodic apartment checks throughout the shift as required.
- Assist the Point Staff with the implementation and monitoring of student goals and objectives.
- Assist students with night/morning routine as needed, including administering medication, monitoring grooming, monitoring morning meal preparation, etc.
- Assist families and staff who call Chapel Haven West after normal business hours.
- Assist with various administrative duties such as filing, data processing, case record audits, etc.
- Assist with cleaning and/or organizing offices as needed.
- Written communication with Point and Program Staff via email, notes in staff logs, Case Notes, assessment tools, and verbal communication at the beginning and ending of each shift.
- Provide crisis counseling to students as needed.
- Administer medication as needed.
- Attend student and staff meetings as required.
- Drive and transport students as needed, use of own vehicle as required.
- Maintain professional/effective communication with parents and other professionals (inside and outside of Chapel Haven West), community personnel, etc.
- Complete other assigned duties as required.
Minimum Education Requirements :
- Bachelors Degree in Human Services or related field preferred .
Minimum Experience Requirements:
- Experience working with individuals with Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) or related developmental disabilities. Experience implementing Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) techniques preferred .
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Effective judgment and decision-making skills.
- Effective/professional written and oral communication.
- Effective computer skills and knowledgeable in using Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Publisher, etc.
* Valid Arizona driver’s license.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) or related developmental disabilities: 2 years
Required license or certification:
- AZ driver's license