- Employment Services and/or Agencies
The Pima County One-Stop helps businesses recruit and retain qualified employees at all skill levels. We provide employers with a single point of contact to connect with hundreds of community programs, private and public training colleges, federal and local grant funds, as well as thousands of local job applicants.The One-Stop Business Services Team:
• Conducts outreach, one-on-one meetings, interviews, focus groups and surveys of businesses to determine current and future hiring and/or training needs.
• Assesses skill needs for needed occupations and determines availability of training suitable to address those needs. Works with employers to develop new training and/or apprenticeship programs in high-demand occupations. Develops On-the-Job Training contracts and employee-training programs with employers.
• Responds to staffing needs in the local economy with a range of recruitment services. IDs job leads and employment opportunities and matches them with qualified candidates.
• Provides individualized support for training participants and follow-up for individuals placed in employment. Tracks participants’ progress and provides assistance to address obstacles.
• Conducts weekly events to connect job seekers with local employers conducting recruitment.
• Serves as an informational resource on services, resources and programs available in the community to assist workers and/or training participants.
• Provides information to employers on economic development programs and assists them in taking advantage of applicable incentives and tax credits.
Investor NewsRelease Date: August 07, 2017Release Date: August 07, 2017Partnership approved between Southern AZ VA Health Care System and Pima County Workforce Center: 8/7/2017Release Date: August 07, 2017
From Westbound Interstate 10 Exit 263—Ajo Way/Kino (N) East on Ajo North on Forgeus Avenue Right at intersection toward Pima County Kino Centers