EVERGREEN MORTUARY & CEMETERY
Cremation Services Funeral Homes Cemeteries
Evergreen Mortuary has been conveniently located within the park like setting of Evergreen Cemetery since 1974. This provides a benefit to the families we serve by having all three facilities, mortuary, cemetery and crematory available in one location. The facilities at Evergreen Mortuary, Cemetery & Crematory are specially designed to ensure a comfortable, dignified environment. Evergreen’s non-denominational chapel can be used for large visitations, traditional and non-traditional services and gatherings. The wall of windows overlooking the garden and grounds gives a peaceful, cool atmosphere. In addition to the large seating capacity, the chapel includes an organ and new state-of-the-art video and CD sound system. Evergreen’s staff is trained to scan favorite photos to a DVD for viewing on our 52 inch HD television located in the chapel. Families can also utilize our music library or provide their own choices to individualize their funeral service or Celebration of Life. Evergreen’s visitation rooms are decorated to provide a serene and peaceful home like atmosphere. A large, well lighted parking area adjacent to the Mortuary offers convenient handicapped access as well as regular parking.
Evergreen was founded in 1907 as a place outside of the rapidly growing Tucson city limits for burial purposes. A considerable number of burials from the main cemetery located within the town limits as well as Presidio Cemetery were relocated to Evergreen. Today the remains of many pioneers from old ranch sites and homesteads are re-interred within Evergreen’s boundaries.